Help with your bill

We can help you manage your payments

If you need to make a late payment, find it difficult to pay a large amount in one go, or think you may be entitled to pay less, we have options that may work for you. If you need help that goes beyond your Sydney Water account, find out what other help and support you may be able to access.

Payment extensions

No problem. If you know you're going to need some more time to pay, just call us before the date your payment is due. It's easy. When you call us, you can change your due date using our automated payment extension service.

If it’s more manageable for you to pay your bills in small, regular amounts, call us on 13 20 92 to set up a payment plan for regular fortnightly or monthly payments. There are no late payment fees or interest charges if you keep to the arrangement.

For more information, see our Payment assistance policy (142KB) and Overdue payments policy (158KB).

Deductions from Centrelink payments

If you receive payments from Centrelink, you can arrange to make deductions directly to your Sydney Water account using Centrepay. It's a free service. Your payments will be automatic, but you still need to check your Sydney Water bill to make sure they're covering the amount necessary. 

If you own your property and receive Centrelink payments, you can make deductions straight to your Sydney Water account. Call us on 13 20 92 so we can set this up for you.

If you're a tenant, call Services Australia (the Agency) or visit Services Australia for more information.

Free essential plumbing

Our PlumbAssist service may be able to help if you're experiencing financial difficulties but need essential plumbing repairs in your home, such as:

  • repairing or replacing leaking or broken toilets, taps, showerheads and pipes
  • finding and repairing hidden leaks.

If your property has a Sydney Water meter and a Sydney Water Case Coordinator assesses you as eligible, PlumbAssist can do the work you need for free. 

What is essential work?

This includes repairing or replacing leaking or broken toilets, taps, showerheads and pipes, and finding and repairing hidden leaks. To qualify, you must:

  • be the owner and occupier of the home that will receive the service
  • be assessed as eligible by a Sydney Water Customer Care case coordinator
  • live in a property with a Sydney Water meter
  • be unable to afford essential plumbing repairs.

For more information, please read our PlumbAssist terms and conditions (150KB) or call us on 13 20 92 to see if you're eligible.

COVID-19 update
Find out how we're continuing to provide services you depend on under the current COVID-19 guidelines.

Discounts for pensioners

If you receive an aged, disability or service pension or a government allowance, you might qualify for a pension rebate on your quarterly water bill. 

You can either apply online or call us on 13 20 92.

Longer-term support

Our qualified community service staff can help you manage payment difficulties or increasing debt through BillAssist. You'll have a dedicated case coordinator who can talk to you about your situation confidentially and provide you with a range of support options. They'll listen to you and tailor advice to your needs. 

Call us on 13 20 92 weekdays and ask to speak to our Customer Care team.

Emergency support

We can support you with our Payment Assistance Scheme (PAS) if you're struggling to pay your water bill. 

If you own the home you live in, or you're a tenant who pays your water usage (you have your own meter), let's have a confidential chat about your circumstances. We can apply PAS credits directly to your Sydney Water bill if you're eligible. There are 2 ways you can access PAS:

Support if there's violence at home

Your water bill should be the last thing on your mind, and we're committed to helping you however we can. You can access BillAssist regardless of your financial situation, and our qualified Customer Care team can help you not only with bills, but with referrals to other help and support services if you need them.

Our philosophy is right here in our Family violence assistance policy. We want to support you, so please don't hestitate to let us know what's going on.

We speak your language

لدينا معلومات مفيده متوفرة باللغة العربية او بأمكانك الاتصال بنا عبر خدمة الترجمة المجانية على131450

我们提供简体中文的有用信息,您也可以使用我们的免费翻译服务致电 131450


Εχουμε πληροφορίες διαθέσιμες στα Ελληνικά ή μπορείτε να μας τηλεφωνήσετε χρησιμοποιώντας την δωρεάν θπηρεσία διερμηνέθν στο 131450.

유용한 정보를 한국어로 제공합니다. 무료통역사가 필요하시면 131450 으로 전화주세요.

Chúng tôi có sẵn những thông tin hữu ích bằng tiếng Việt hoặc quý vị có thể gọi qua số 131450 để sử dụng dịch vụ thông dịch miễn phí.