How can you prevent weeds growing in bushland?
- Choose native plants where you can. Exotics can spread and overrun native bushland.
- Don’t dump garden waste or lawn clippings in bushland. They contain seeds that damage native bushland and waterways.
- Don’t damage plants or wildlife in bushland. This includes mowing grass and removing plants.
- Don’t dump rubbish or building materials in bushland, creeks or stormwater channels.
Learn more about Other weeds in bushland and reserves (5.4 MB)
Report any rubbish or building material by contacting:
- your local council
- the Environment Line on 13 15 55 or report illegal dumping.
Or you can call us on 13 20 92.